Who Can Benefit from Making an Online Will in Canada?
Online wills are suitable for individuals with simple estate planning needs. This includes those who:
- Own property in Canada
- Have assets or investments in Canada
- Have children
- Have pets and want to assign a guardian or leave a part of their estate for their care
- Want to leave specific gifts or assets to beneficiaries
- Want to leave a cash gift or a percentage of their estate to charity
- Are single, legally married, divorced, or in a common-law relationship
In general, online wills are sufficient for about 90% of Canadians.